R.I.P. classic google sites, they sent out two kinds of [Action Required] emails recently and I got both - a comparison

Anything not related to map making or Blizzard games should be posted here.
Fun • Forum games • Images • Films • Music • Humor • Videos
Forum rules
The off topic has no rules :)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

R.I.P. classic google sites, they sent out two kinds of [Action Required] emails recently and I got both - a comparison

Unread post by 3ICE »

Migrate your classic sites to new Google Sites
vs
Take action on your inactive classic sites before Nov. 2020

Migrate Take action your inactive classic sites to new Google Sites before Nov 2020 - comparison

Dear 3ICE,

In 2016, we launched an updated Google Sites (referred to in this email as "new Sites") designed to help you create websites without programming experience, optimize across mobile and desktop, and co-build with real-time collaboration. In 2017, we announced that we are replacing the previous Sites experience, referred to as "classic Sites", with our new Google Sites product. Since that announcement, we've invested in the new Sites experience by building top requested features.

The rest of the emails are quite different, see diff:
Migrate Take action your inactive classic sites to new Google Sites before Nov 2020 - comparison.png
Migrate Take action your inactive classic sites to new Google Sites before Nov 2020 - comparison.png (87.69 KiB) Viewed 21703 times
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: R.I.P. classic google sites, they sent out two kinds of [Action Required] emails recently and I got both - a compari

Unread post by 3ICE »

Full email text:

Google Sites creation will only be available in the new experience. Transition your active classic sites before September 2021.
We’ve identified that you own one or more active classic Sites. You must take action before September 2021 to avoid disruption.
Additionally, starting November 1, 2020, site creation will no longer be available in classic Sites. Any newly generated websites will only be available in the new experience.
What do I need to do?
• Start your migration today. If you want your site to continue to be available to viewers, you must convert and publish it to the new experience before September 2021.

• If you take no action, starting September 1, 2021 your active sites will automatically be:
• Downloaded as an archive and saved to your Google Drive.
• Replaced with a draft in the new Sites experience for you to review and publish.

• We’ve created a new Classic Sites Manager to help you transition your website(s) using the options below:
• Convert your site(s) to the new experience if you want your site to continue to be available to visitors.
• Download your site(s) if you want to store an archived version of your website.
• Delete your site(s) that you no longer need.
Learn more about how to manage your transition.
Learn more about the new Google Sites
We’ve listened to your feedback, and your top requests are now included in the new Sites experience.
• Section layouts and pre-built templates let you create websites with fewer clicks and less site creation knowledge.
• Version history allows you to see your edit history, revert and restore previous versions, and review the history of who made changes.
• New tile types let you be more expressive with website content, including a table of contents, image carousels, collapsible text, and more.
• Custom URLs and publishing to an audience let you share your website content.
See what’s new in Google Sites.
For additional resources on what you need to know and how to manage your transition, visit the Sites Help Center.
Thanks for choosing Google Sites.
—The G Suite Team
© 2020 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You have received this mandatory email announcement to update you about important information related to your Google account.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage