Amendments will most likely be made.
Basically, Harhaven is a map related to various maps such as DotA, Hero Wars, and RotD; any ideas taken from a map will be credited. This is how you play:
• If you win you will be sent to the other team to aid them in combat, as well as acquire a code to move on to the next campaign. [NEW]
• If you lose you just sit there and watch the other team play, or if the other team has already won and they have attempted to aid you in battle, and you still lose, not only will you have lost (duh) but the other team's players will also have lost 6 experience points. [NEW]
• There will be a save/load experience system (partial credit to RotD) so you can choose better heroes depending on your experience; each death decreases experience by 1, each raider kill increases experience by 2, each hero level up increases experience by 1, each hero kill increases experience by 4, each win increases experience by 12, each loss decreases experience by 6, and every item bought gives 1 experience.
• You can upgrade your hero in several ways: Damage, by doing the Weaponry Merchants' quests; Attributes, by accomplishing the Attribute Trainers' requirements; Leveling up, again by accomplishing some of the Attribute Trainers' requirements.
• There are four shops: the Attribute Trainers, one trainer to each team, simply gives you quests (every quest completed is a requirement completed) to acquire better attributes; the Weaponry Merchants, one to each team, gives you quests (every quest completed is a requirement completed) to buy or receive better weaponry; the Bodyguard Managers, two to each team, both give different types of bodyguards (or units) to aid you in your efforts to fend off oncoming raiders; and the Ticket Treant, from which you buy a Ticket to entire the creeping grounds (where all heroes from both teams may attack each other) to gain experience.
• The more experience each team possesses the better upgraded the Haven Raiders and the weaker the Haven Defenders start out at (balancing part for newcomers (partial credit to RotD)).
• Each teams' heroes can not cross over to the opposing team's side (to stop this from being called another Hero Wars and/or a DotA rip-off).
• They goal of the game is to keep the raiders from getting to your entity.
Once there was a great Azeroth Haven, where all creatures, strong and weak, demonic and angelic, lived in harmony. Then one day, they came... the raiders of Lord Bose, the most horrific and fowl army of demons ever to set foot in Azeroth! So hungry for power in, Bose and his army have razed almost every Haven out there, and have sieged every known kingdom in the East. Now, they have found the last few Havens in all of Azeroth: Gunzen, the haven of discovery; Nezerdeth, the haven of secrey; Butzenale, the haven of knowledge; and yours- Harhaven, the haven of defense. Unfortunately they have just located your haven. Now they challenge your haven's title. Are you strong enough to fend them off? Or will they raze your haven and destroy everything you stand for? The battle for survival, is at hand.
Read more about the project in my RotD forum topic