You can HELP! (Ideas)

Design a maze without using the World Editor.
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: You can HELP! (Ideas)

Unread post by 3ICE »

And how would you trigger it?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

Unread post by I_H8_U_M8 »

Ok so You would mak The Spirt Link Have 9999 Range (casting)
Also You could Give It an ShockWave Efect So that It's A Consistant Shock Wave
And To get over it you would have to use a jumer
ADoing this You relly dn't need muh triggering At all Or no Trigering
Make Sure Shockwave Effect only targets ground units
iT SHOULDN'T BE 2 HARD Common You've made harder things

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I can make it, but I was curious if you could too, so I asked. Because it isn't as simple as you think.
Last edited by 3ICE on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: think*
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

ehh Ya I had2 Think For 2 seconds ;p;
Bt It wasn't To hard To think Of what You Had To do It's Just that it may take a little to make the tower
no too long i hope also it would be awsome if the tower could move (rally) so the beam would move ;p;

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Well, you have it wrong. Spirit link is TFT, Shockwave needs a trigger, Jump doesn't make you invulnerable, heroes are not ground units in MD and you didn't cover the way of connecting the towers and then telling the triggers which tower is connected to which tower.

If I decide to take this idea, I will use dynamic-regions or coordinate-matching instead of shockwave.
Also there would be an option for scaling, widening, shaking, changing, raising and lowering the beam between the towers.
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

Ok well You do what ever it takes to make it Cue i thught of what i would do in my head bt anyways i think you would be able to do this (just because i on't know about your map (is your 1st ver done yet?) and I would be able to do this tower but it would take me a little to get it working properly

evilwormy
Realm: US East
Account: evilwormy1

Unread post by evilwormy »

i have an idead... in a section on the track you can make it swap btw two different tacks and they lead of to different ways or something... eg... one track then a few secs later it changes to a different look, but you must have a safe point to stop and rest on to be safe to stay on...
God's speed my lonely angle

For The Hoard

BugMeNot

Unread post by BugMeNot »

Hello. My idea is an option to save your state of work so that you can load it the next time you play. Let's say there are 12 players who all made a maze, well they can each "-load1" their map and no waiting to play 12 different mazes in one game.

I_H8_U_M8 also gave me another idea. Give a tower, or unit, multiple abilities so one can set reign of fire, earthquake, etc. from one unit. Give it "infinite" mana, and make it auto-cast at "point".
Also if a stretch of walkway is bombarded by many patrolling units, between rest stops you can give "-aura1" to building or unit, such as endurance aura, to help the poor mazer out.

--cheeder
This is a guest account intended for use by people who wish to remain anonymous or hate registering.
(Please don't forget to sign your posts with your name if you want us to know who you are.)
http://www.bugmenot.com/view/3ice.hu

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

cheeder wrote:Hello. My idea is an option to save your state of work so that you can load it the next time you play. Let's say there are 12 players who all made a maze, well they can each "-load1" their map and no waiting to play 12 different mazes in one game.
Impossible. Just saving the terrain would take more letters than we can fit in a chat message. (Of course I can compress that somewhat, but then how would you go about saving 50 sets of vectors for the patrolling units and lets not even mention decorative stuff like trees and crates...)
Out of curiosity: You said -load1, why not just -load?
cheeder wrote:I_H8_U_M8 also gave me another idea. Give a tower, or unit, multiple abilities so one can set reign of fire, earthquake, etc. from one unit. Give it "infinite" mana, and make it auto-cast at "point".
But then we'd be looking at the same unit all the time. The way I solved it is letting players give any ability to any unit they like.
cheeder wrote:Also if a stretch of walkway is bombarded by many patrolling units, between rest stops you can give "-aura1" to building or unit, such as endurance aura, to help the poor mazer out.
There are two kinds of players in maze designer. The first (good) kind makes nice easy and enjoyable mazes. They won't need auras, because they won't "bombard a stretch of walkway with many patrolling units". The second (bad) kind is the average asshole who makes impossible-to-beat mazes by massing units mindlessly. They can also turn the game into a lagfeast pretty quickly and efficiently. They would never think to use a building that only has an aura and no means with which to kill mazers efficiently. Besides -aura1 is not even a nice way to do commands as there are many auras in the game and I don't want to force players into memorizing meaningless numbers. (They'll be mad enough once they meet the -spawn command I devisedImage.)
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

I've been learning to use the warcraft model editor, (the green coloured sacrificial skull), I might be able to make a snowball.....the demon hunter missle is abled to reskinned to white colour, but the green colour glow effect is still there, you might need to replace it with a model.....under 20kb?

About auto-casting towers, is it possible that auto-casting to be used on Point-Target?

Useless ideas.......
You could make an auto-cast tower that randomly slows/freezes(entangle/ensnare) a nearby unit for a few seconds, each level decreases cooldown.

Make a tower based on the blademaster model, make him do the spin animation and add a Permanent Immolition skill? you could change it to a normal Immolition spell, no mana cost but drains mana every second.