Possible Custom music in Warcraft 3 pre-game lobby?

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
LionsBlood

Possible Custom music in Warcraft 3 pre-game lobby?

Unread post by LionsBlood »

Just wondering if it was possible by hacking into warcraft files to create a virus to produce a desired song in a pre-game lobby of warcraft 3 after the players have downloaded the map? You know what i mean? like an in game custom mp3 file but only in a lobby instead of the game... Is it possible to hack warcraft to do that? And if so got a clue as to how?

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Possible Custom music in Warcraft 3 pre-game lobby?

Unread post by 3ICE »

Looks like you don't know much about viruses. You confuse them with general programs. Viruses copy themselves, that is their main purpose. They have to spread, to infect. Viruses are bad. Modifying a game to play different music is not a bad thing. We do not need a virus for this task. Read about Computer viruses on wikipedia to become smarter.

Yes, it is possible to play different music in war3 by editing the game files. In fact, it is pretty easy. Just replace \Sound\Music\mp3Music\War3XMainScreen.mp3 in War3x.mpq with whatever music you want played. However, this will change the music for every map's lobby, not just your own. And it will probably require a restart of war3 too. Therefore I don't suggest doing it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

mika09

Unread post by mika09 »

Edited by 3ICE: Nope, sorry.
Last edited by 3ICE on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rm advertisement

MINE09

Unread post by MINE09 »

Edited by 3ICE: Fuck off spambots.
Last edited by 3ICE on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: rm advertisement